Saturday, April 30, 2011

End of School

Hello again!  I hope this finds you all doing well.  I haven't written for a while, but this will probably be the last update that I write in China!  Not a ton has happened since the last time I wrote, so this will be pretty short as well.

Last weekend was pretty chill here on campus.  A few of us went to an expat restaurant and when shopping at Pearl City.  The restaurant had a really good salad bar and roasted chicken.  I never thought I miss a good salad as much as I do now.  We've all gotten to the point where we don't have much interest in trying new things, we're all ready to be back.  I guess that's a good thing because we have a little more than two weeks left here.

This last week of school was pretty uneventful as well.  We only had two days of class before our finals.  So we took that time to get a grip on some of the newer concepts that we had learned and some intricacies of our professors.  For whatever reason, asking my thermodynamics professor to see my current grade before the final caused him to laugh at me, and say that there was no way that he would do that.  And before you think it, there was not a communication breakdown here, he was just laughing.  Several of us spent several minutes explaining what we wanted.  All our approaches got us the same result, laughter.

Since then, we've finished our exams for our Chinese classes.  This Tuesday the rest of us will finish out the semester the final for our online class from Purdue.  I'm hoping to do really good on it since it's the only thing I really have to do in the next few days.  The good news is that immediately following our final on Tuesday, eight of us will be getting on a train for 50 hours as we head to Tibet for a week.  We're all really looking forward to getting out there and seeing all there is to see.  I'm not really sure what our itinerary is, but I do know that we'll be making a stop by the base camp of Everest!  The other good news is that we'll be getting back to Shanghai on Sunday the 15th, and flying back home on the 16th!  I'm so excited to be back in the land of unlimited ketchup and free refills on drinks!  Hopefully I'll find some time after I get back to write about everything we did on our way and back from Tibet, as well as what we did there.  I'll be taking lots of pictures too!

That's all for now.  To all my friends at Purdue and at other schools, good luck with finals!  I'm looking forward to seeing all of you really soon!  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment